Auto Post Thumbnail PRO v1.6.1
|Created||21 March 13|
|Compatible Browsers||IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome|
|Software Version||WordPress 4.7.x, WordPress 4.6.1, WordPress 4.6, WordPress 4.5.x, WordPress 4.5.2, WordPress 4.5.1, WordPress 4.5, WordPress 4.4.2, WordPress 4.4.1, WordPress 4.4, WordPress 4.3.1, WordPress 4.3, WordPress 4.2, WordPress 4.1, WordPress 4.0|
|Tags||featured image, gallery, portfolio, post thumbnail, wordpress,|
Auto Post Thumbnail PRO
Free Download Links
Please Disable Your AdBlock
Links will be visible once you whitelist UnlockPress.com on your adblocker.
It's our way of surviving and your way of supporting us.
Auto Post Thumbnail PRO is a plugin to generate Featured Image (AKA Post Thumbnail) from first image in a post or any custom post type content. The plugin will also create thumbnails from several popular Video services if it finds a Video embedded in the post.
Post Thumbnails is a theme feature introduced with Version 2.9 of WordPress. It was quickly changed to Featured Images with Version 3.0. Post Thumbnail, now Featured Image, is an image that is chosen as the representative image for Posts. The display of this image is up to the theme. Most Modern themes now use featured images in a variety of ways.
This plugin DOES NOT extract thumbnails/featured image from custom field or anywhere else.
Also check out Category Featured image Our plugin which allows you to set featured images based on categories
“Simply AMAZING WordPress tool!. Saved me time!. Thanks, I just tried it and all the options work perfectly. Super! Recommended. Five stars. Thanks for this useful work.” jtorres_mora
“Very well done. easy, cheap and damn useful! A must have.” area97
“This plugin is awesome and saved me a huge amount of time. I used it on an old site that was built in the days of WordPress 1.x, needless to say it had no post thumbnails. This plugin generated thumbnails almost perfectly for thousands of posts. Reasons for the few times it failed were easily identified and fixed. I’ll post a comment with the reasons. Overall this plugin represents an EXCELLENT value and was a brilliant idea. Thanks!” invictus
- Extracts the first Image or Video in post content and creates the featured image
- If no image found in post content, use the first attached image as featured image
- Existing Featured Images will not be changed
- Ability to provide default featured image to use if post content doesn’t have any image
- Generate thumbnails for Custom Post Types (Selectable)
- Generate thumbnails from external images
- Generate thumbnails from imported RSS feeds
- Generate featured images for old/legacy posts via a single click
- Setting to skip auto thumbnail generation right on the Post edit page
- Setting for smallest image to be considered as featured image
- Images inserted via most shortcodes also supported. eg:
- Auto thumbnail generation for popular video sharing services – YouTube, Vimeo, Blip.tv, Justin.tv, DailyMotion and MetaCafe. Note: this plug will not work if the video code is an iframe
- Unlink Featured Images created by the plugin or all Featured Images
- Fully translatable, default.po has been provided
- Well supported with free updates
Once you have downloaded the zip file from Code Canyon extract the contents to a folder of your choice. Chances are if you are reading this you have already done that. Find the file called auto-post-thumbnail-pro.zip. This is the plugin file. You can upload this file from your WordPress Admin
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Select Upload
- Upload the auto-featured-image.zip file
- Activate the plugin
- Go to Settings > Auto Post Thumbnail PRO
- Set the options as per your liking
Alternatively you can manually install the plugin by following the instructions given here.
The Auto in the plugin name is not just for effect, it indeed just works. There are however a few plugin options that you can set:
- Set URL of default featured image to use if post’s content doesn’t have any image, this is optional
- Set a dimension of smallest image (in post content) to be considered as featured image. This is 17px by default so that smileys etc. will be excluded
- Click on ‘Generate Thumbnails’ button to generate featured images for your published posts which don’t have any featured image already set
While adding or editing a post you can set or unset a the setting to skip automatic thumbnail generation
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
- PHP7 compatibility
Sources and Credits
Once again, thank you so much for purchasing this plugin. As I said at the beginning, I’d be glad to help you if you have any questions relating to this plugin. No guarantees, but I’ll do my best to assist. If you have a more general question relating to the plugins on CodeCanyon, you might consider visiting the forums and asking your question in the “Item Discussion” section.