Story v1.8.2 – Creative Responsive Multi-Purpose Theme
|Compatible Browsers||IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, Edge|
|Compatible With||WooCommerce 2.5, WooCommerce 2.4.x, WooCommerce 2.3.x|
|Software Version||WordPress 4.5, WordPress 4.4.2, WordPress 4.4.1, WordPress 4.4, WordPress 4.3.1, WordPress 4.3, WordPress 4.2, WordPress 4.1, WordPress 4.0|
|ThemeForest Files Included||Layered PSD, PHP Files, CSS Files, JS Files, PSD|
|Tags||advanced admin, ajax, creative, flat, fullscreen, gallery, google fonts, grid, masonry, modern, parallax, photography, portfolio, unlimited skins|
Story v1.8.2 – Creative Responsive Multi-Purpose Theme
Free Download Links
Please Disable Your AdBlock
Links will be visible once you whitelist UnlockPress.com on your adblocker.
It's our way of surviving and your way of supporting us.
Story is a sharp, modern and clean WordPress theme. The theme is very flexible and it comes with some awesome features, such as a fullscreen slider, custom headers and custom background sections, which make it perfect for showcasing and selling your work and products. Story WordPress theme is a multi-purpose theme that can be used for any type of website, such as creative portfolio, photography, products, corporate and business sites. With the combination of responsive design and parallax animations, this theme will provide an optimal viewing experience and will make your website look great on across wide range of devices and screen sizes. The theme comes with an extensive admin panel, packed with various options so you can easily modify styles, colors, fonts, layouts and other aspects of the theme.
- Main Demo – uses the default theme style and includes examples of all the main elements
- Agency Demo (mini demo) – light minimalistic style, with example elements for agency/portfolio site
- Photography Demo (mini demo) – dark style, including photography portfolio elements
- Business Demo (mini demo) – blue highlight colors, business style
- Restaurant Demo (mini demo) – restaurant / food inspired style and elements
- Vintage Demo (mini demo) – vintage / retro style demo
- Health & Lifestyle Demo (mini demo) – light minimalistic style
You can also see a list with all the available demos here.
The theme features a fullscreen slider that comes with lots of customization options, the slider comes with three main layout types:
- Background image/solid color layout: Short text with various options for text location and options to change all the main typography settings such as font family, font size, text color, etc.
- Two-boxes layout ( text + image ): available layout options are horizontal (left text, right image and left image, right text) and vertical (top text, bottom image and top image, bottom text). It also includes options to change all the main typography settings such as font family, font size, text color, etc.
- Horizontal image slider – displays multiple images in a horizontal slider, supports bulk image upload.
- Background video slide – displays an HTML video background to the slide (works with MP4, WebM and Ogg file formats)
You can set the layout type per slide and mix all the different layouts into one page slider. The slider also supports deeplinking, so you can link to a specific slide and an autoplay functionality – you can see it in action here.
Advanced AJAX Gallery (unlimited pages)
Story includes a flexible AJAX portfolio gallery with awesome jQuery animations and effects, which comes with lots of options available for its items.
The gallery also provides an AJAX pagination and category filter for a better items organisation.
For each gallery item you have the option to select one of the following click actions:
- Dynamically open an image slider (full-width or two-column layout) with a nice jQuery animation, containing additional images attached to the item (bulk upload – you can upload lots of images with a single click).
- Open an image lightbox as image gallery attached to the item (images can be uploaded in bulk)
- Play video – full-width or two-column layout
- Open the item content in a new page
- Open a custom link in a new page
Also there are lots of options the gallery provides, some of them are:
- Masonry Layout Support
- Option to choose between two, three and four column layout
- Unlimited gallery pages – you can create as many galleries as you need with different image sets
- Partial Loading in slider – loads images in background on portions for faster performance. Works well with large amount of images attached to a single item.
- Social Sharing – the slider view of the gallery provide sharing options, so you can easily share your items images on the most popular social networks – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
- Dynamic AJAX category filter (can be enabled/disabled per page)
- AJAX pagination which is great for large number of items
- Options to link to a specific page/category of the gallery
Custom Header Backgrounds
Story supports different background settings for the different pages. For each page header you can:
- Select a custom background image
- Set a custom background color
- Set the background image opacity
- Choose between a standard and large header
- Set a custom background color of the sticky menu – here is an example
The theme is responsive, so that it fits and looks great on different size of devices – desktop, mobile phones and tablets. Also, the main gallery slider supports finger gestures, so it is very easy to navigate between the images on touch devices.
Unlimited Color Options
The theme includes options to change all the main theme colors, such as header, main content, sidebar and footer background and text colors, so you can easily build your custom skin with your favorite colors. All the color settings are included in the Theme Customizer section, so that you can live preview the color changing. Here are some examples of what you can achieve:
Advanced Content Editor Buttons
The theme includes an unique set of buttons that allows you to directly insert the various elements into your editor area. In this way you can easily build full-width background sections with custom elements and style settings. Some of the elements that you can easily add with the advanced editor are:
- Portfolio Carousel
- Recent Blog Posts
- Services Boxes
- Background Sections
- Pricing Tables
- Call to Action Sections
- Content Columns
- Custom Lists
Parallax Slider and Sections
The theme implements parallax effects in different elements and sections, such as:
- Content slider background image
- Full-width sections background images
- Servcies boxes animations
The parallax functionality can be enabled/disabled for each individual section/item.
One-click demo import
Story comes with a one-click demo import option that allows you to easily import all of the main data, elements and styles from the theme demos (main demo and all of the mini demos). Please note that the demos are under constant development, so sometimes there might be some minor differences in the imported data.
The theme provides a friendly user interface to implement the default web-safe fonts and Google API Fonts. We have created a section where you can enable as many fonts as you like just by adding the URL the Google API provides. You can see some examples here
Retina Display Optimizations
We have included retina display optimizations for all the main graphics used in the theme, so they look sharp on retina displays.
2 Image Sliders Included (unlimited usage)
Story also includes three different sliders that can be included on different pages:
Content Slider – in each slide you can set:
- a background image and set and set a different opacity to it
- background color
- slide animation direction
- slide layout included:
- Centered text
- Image with text on the left
- Image with text on the right
- YouTube video with text on the left
- YouTube video with text on the right
- description, titles, buttons and side image
- Fade Slider – can be used as a main page header slider, gallery post type slider or it can be embedded into the content of the posts and pages.
Mega Menus Support
The theme comes with an out of the box mega menu support, you can easily activate a mega menu per parent menu item.
The theme comes with a detailed documentation, which includes examples, screenshots and all the main instructions you will need to customize your site. Additionally, we have included a “Getting started” section which includes some helpful links about working with WordPress and instructions about what steps to follow when setting the theme.
Other Key Features
- WooCommerce Support
- Post Formats Support, including the following formats:
- Standard Post – includes a featured image in the header
- Video Post – includes a video in the header
- Gallery Post – includes a slider in the header
- Aside Post
- Quote Post
- Multiple blog layouts available:
- Standard layout with left/right sidebar
- Full-width layout
- Two columns masonry layout
- Three columns masonry layout
- Two columns masonry layout with left/right sidebar
- SEO Optimized – the theme has been built with all the main SEO best practices in mind
- Unlimited Sidebars – dynamic sidebar generation functionality
- Easy page layout changing – for each page you can choose between:
- Right Sidebar
- Left Sidebar
- Social sharing available – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and LinkedIn, can be enabled on pages, posts, portfolio items and portfolio sliders.
- Advanced slider management section – easy to create and edit slider items
- Translation ready – a .po file included for translation of all the built-in (front-end) words
- Easy logo replacement
- Separate portfolio section
- WordPress 3.0 Custom Menu Support
- jQuery Tabs
- AJAX contact form
- Sociable Icons section in header
- Comments with reply functionality (multiple levels depth)
- Multi level drop-down menu
- Custom styled elements included
- Two bonus widgets included – Portfolio Posts Widget displaying the latest items’ images and a Recent Posts Widget widget which displays the latest blog posts with a thumbnail image
- Works and looks similar in all major browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome
- Added: option to select categories to be included in the blog page – extended the “Exclude categories” option to allow choosing an “include” action
- Improved: when replying to comments, adds the reply form below the comment to reply to
- Fixed: WordPress 4.5 issue – the new inline link tooltip not working in background sections
- Fixed: compatibility issue with Polylang – language switcher redirects to the home page instead of the translated version of the current page
- Fixed: compatibility issue with 3rd party plugins: theme’s editor dialogs broken when plugins load custom jQuery UI dialog styles and apply them globally to all dialogs used in the dashboard
- Style improvements on the Story Options page