Newsmag v3.4 – News Magazine Newspaper
Newsmag – News Magazine Newspaper
Free Download Links
Please Disable Your AdBlock
Links will be visible once you whitelist UnlockPress.com on your adblocker.
It's our way of surviving and your way of supporting us.
Newsmag is a modern WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease. We offer great support and friendly help!
The Newsmag template is excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site. It also supports videos from YouTube and features a rating system. It uses the best clean SEO practices, and on top of that, it’s fast, simple, and easy to use. In addition, News mag supports responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
All the queries are hand inspected to be optimal, all the images and resources are carefully compressed to make the site load blazing fast. All the theme’s scripts are profiled and modified to run at top speed.
The full list of features:
- Homepage – We have a lot of homepages in the main menu of the demo
- Search – unique SEO optimized search template
- Blog index
- Author – post count, comments count and author widget
- Category – breadcrumbs, subcategories and category description.
- Tag – easy tagcloud navigation via widget
- – with latest posts
- – please select your block from the top. You can mix and match them. All of the content blocks support ajax pagination and subcategories (including slides)
- Live search with ajax and up down keys
- One click demo install – NO MORE .XML files, with just one click you have the demo data installed
- Powered by Visual Composer – the best Drag and Drop page builder
- Custom auto scaling content blocks – a block changes it’s structure to work perfectly (in sidebar, full width or pages with sidebar)
- Responsive Google AdSense support via our custom admin panel – the scripts loads a different google adsense spot for each screen size. Once it’s loaded it doesn’t modify it in order to be 100% compliant with Google adSense TOS.
- Responsive ads support – for ad networks that allow multiple ad spots on the same div or if you want to show your own ads on different devices. This option will change the ad spot on the fly, for example when a tablet is changed from landscape to portrait. (the header banner from the demo site is using this system)
- Inline Google AdSense or other ads after a predefined number of paragraphs
- Auto youtube, dailymotion and vimeo thumb downloader – just paste a youtube url and the site will download the largest image available from the clip automatically and it will set it as a featured image. Very easy to add videos to articles.
- Built in review system (stars, percents, points)
- SEO: Schema with rich snippet microdata for articles and reviews
- Built in translation support from our admin panel. No more .po .mo files, you just get a form with all the strings from the theme and the corresponding translations. We hate po mo files
- Multi Language site support via the free qTranslate plugin. All from wp-admin.
- All the global settings are available in the wordpress theme customizer with live preview
- gif animation support – this is a beta feature.
- Google fonts – change the fonts easy from the admin panel
- Sticky navigation menu – with option to enable, disable or enable only on big screens (not on phones)
- Each category has:
- 6 category templates styles
- 7 category top posts styles – each with 7 unique grid styles
- 15 custom module style (loop style)
- custom colors
- custom background image
- custom sidebar + position (left, full, right)
- Unlimited sidebars – each post, page, category can have it’s own sidebar. Also the author, search, tag, blog index templates all have custom sidebars
- Built in related posts based on tags, author or category
- Easy Google analytics support (just paste the code in our admin)
- 10 footer layouts
- Custom pagebuilder elements:
- Big Grid slide
- with 10 unique styles
- Text with title
- Ad box
- Popular category
- Custom widgets
- Popular category widget – show most popular category
- Author box widget – show authors sorted by number of posts, or by name
- Social counter widget – a social counter that shows numbers of likes, followers or subscribers
- Ad box – allow you to select an ad zone (you define the responsive ad zones in our panel)
- 16 Blocks
- Instagram widget
- Weather widget
- Exchange widget
- Text with title
We personally respond to all the request that we receive and we are trying to help everyone.
Please visit our support forum.
Thanks for your interest in our theme!
Nicu G., Radu, Marius, Alin, Emil G., Alina S., Alina G., Lucian, John, Bogdan, Catalin, Cristi and Simi from tagDiv
The list of modified files
Version 3.3.1 – January 26th, 2017
- fix: We modified the login modal window code to only appear on the page when front page login is enabled. This makes sure that some versions of Chrome browser will not mark the site as Not Secure.
Version 3.3 – December 23rd, 2016
- misc: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 5.0.1
- misc: Revolution Slider plugin updated to the latest version
- misc: full compatibility with WordPress 4.7
- new: The Plugin Page from where a user installs the included plugins was completely redesigned to be more user friendly.
- new: added support for block templates overwritten via the Theme API system in demos. All future demos can now load different block templates if needed.
- misc: css fixes in the theme panel and the welcome screen
- misc: we finally updated the social icons and we also removed the icons for dead services (picasa, Posterous etc)
- misc: the Social Networks panel now checks each input to be correct, this prevents user error and bad URL’s that supposed to go to social networks profiles but instead go to 404 pages on the site
- misc: we removed the max-width from srcset on images and the responsive images on mobile now work as expected
- misc: translation panel information text
- misc: on android, when a user uses the mobile search, it will autofocus on the input field now
- fix: password protected comments now work as expected
- fix: facebook videos that are in the content of the post now work and resize as expected
- fix: font panel css issues
- fix: the tag ajax filter now displays the tags in the order of the id’s the user selects. Before it was alphabetically
- fix: home breadcrumb does not appear as structured data as required by the google metadata testing tool
- fix: smartlists that had image captions with HTML where broken. Now we fixed them.
- fix: category sorting options was not working sometimes.
Version 3.2 – October 10th, 2016
- new: added support for design options on most of the blocks. You can now change the padding, margin and border on blocks
- new: added support for retina images on our blocks and modules. You can enable them in the panel.
- misc: various core code refactoring and optimizations.
- misc: better theme documentation and better help text in panel
- misc: added used on for thumbnails in theme panel
- misc: file path and names are now visible on each module, smart list, template etc on hover
- misc: breadcrumbs markup, added BreadcrumbList schema
- fix: our blocks sometimes had issues autoadjuting the column count when placed in a inner row that is in a row
- fix: on first install the Visual Composer tooltip was appearing over our tooltip and there was no way to close the last remaining open tooltip
- fix: wrong recomanded columns in Visual Composer, new users found it dificult to find out on what colum layouts our blocks work best
- fix: background ad on tempalte 8
- fix: top menu hover and background ad cursor fix bugs
- fix: images that have alignnone now work as expected
- fix: main menu was loading without css on first load
- fix: modal login button css
Version 3.1 – July 25th, 2016
UPDATE NOTICE: Please note that this version does not work with legacy Visual Composer versions.
- new: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 4.12
- new: login, register and forgot password ajax windows, a complete and more modern redesign.
- new: added support for full height rows, column position and content position on them in Visual Composer.
- new: added support for parallax speed on rows
- new: added support for equal height inner rows and content placement
- new: setting to hide the author name on modules and on single posts independently. Previously there was only one global setting.
- new: Added support for custom fonts in theme panel that are uploaded via the wordpress media gallery. The custom fonts can be used just like before on most of the theme’s UI without writing any code
- new: the weather widget now opens an input if it’s unable to locate the user via the browser’s location API.
- misc: we fully rewrote the trending now block, it’s now leaner and it works better
- misc: block parameters now have a better description
- misc: code improvements to the following shortcodes: td_block_big_grid_slide, td_block_homepage_full_1, td_block_ad_box and the video playlists
- misc: the media gallery that is used in the theme panel is now less cluttered and without the unused options
- misc: we cleaned the theme panel and the code is more organized now
- misc: all the blocks now show a notice to admins on the frontend when there are missing settings that are required.
- misc: the main theme loader is smoother now and has small design improvements
- misc: we changed the way templates detect the Visual Composer plugin. The detection method is based on VC_ROW and it only triggers when VC_ROW is found in the content. This allows one to use shortcodes in the default templates that have sidebar + title.
- misc: added font settings for post lists
- misc: drop caps font settings issue fix
- misc: all the advertising blocks now support an ad title
- misc: various google webmaster structured data issues have been fixed
- misc: better support for IE8
- fix: category dropdown list with long category titles now works as expected
Version 3.0 – June 7th, 2016
UPDATE NOTICE: Please update tagDiv Social Counter to the latest version that comes with the theme.
- new: Grid system – with this we eliminate all the # in url bugs
- new: and widget
- new: Footer Instagram
- new: and widget
- new: Weather option in top bar
- new: and widget
- new: Search menu on mobiles
- new: Background support for mobile search and menu with parallax
- new: 1 new footer styles
- new: templates
- new: 3 one click demos
- new: styles
- new: Login/register option for mobiles
- new: Custom post types now support a global sidebar that can be set from the theme panel
- new: Logo in H1 tags
- new: Reset button in theme panel. This will bring the theme to the original state
- new: Panel for one click demos
- new: Enable/disable category pull-down filter option in theme panel
- new: Display order for category tags on post pages option in theme panel
- new: Social Counter – version 4.1 – please update your plugin to the latest version
- new: Whatsapp share for article on mobile devices
- new: ( smart list 5, 6, 7 and 8 )
- new: 3 new ad spots used for smart lists ( smart list 6, 7 and 8 )
- new: 1 new ad spot (Footer top)
- new: 4 new top bar layouts
- new: We removed the Smooth scroll option from panel
- new: New look for the main menu sub-menus
- misc: The theme settings are now only saved once per pageload and only if needed. We use the shutdown action to save them.
- misc: Video playlist block now works with multiple playlists of the same type on one page
- misc: We audited all the metadata produced by the theme and we improved every aspect of it
- misc: Updated the google fonts list
- misc: Better seo on smartlists
- misc: The categories that are listed on post pages can now be shown using the WordPress default order. This can be enabled from theme panel.
- misc: We optimized the queries for all the blocks and widgets that don’t show posts (popular categories, social counter etc…)
- fix: Panel got stuck while saving in specific cases, mostly related to categories
- fix: Contributor users cannot change the post template now, this is more in line with WordPress
- fix: Security issues
- fix: Infinite pagination on categories did not work with speed booster
- fix: Removed no comments message with comments disabled
- fix: Infinite loading on categories issue with latest posts when the rest is fewer than the “Blog pages show at most” setting
- fix: Footer logo title attribute
- fix: TinyMCE issues with the shortcodes menu (multiple options where selected in specific cases)
Version 2.3.6 – April 14, 2016
- new: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 4.11.2
- new: Revolution Slider plugin updated to the latest version 188.8.131.52
- fix: a jQuery syntax issue that appeared after WordPress 4.5 update
Version 2.3.5 – January 9, 2016
- fix: WordPress 4.4.1 homepage pagination issue
Version 2.3.4 – December 23th, 2015
- new: visual composer was updated to the latest version 4.9
- new: revolution slider was updated to the latest version 5.1.5
- fix: modified structured data to comply with Google’s new requirements
- fix: pagination was not working on categories with big grid disabled on WordPress 4.4
Version 2.3.2 – November 30, 2015
- new: social counter version + fix for facebook like counter. Facebook requires now an API key, read more here: http://forum.tagdiv.com/tagdiv-social-counter-tutorial/
Version 2.3.1 – November 12th, 2015
- new: added http channel test status in the system status panel. You can now check if the theme is able to get the tweet count, like count etc from your host.
- misc: added the new google ads sizes to the panel
- fix: sorting bug on custom page loops
- fix: removed unused code from the theme + theme panel. We shipped the weather widget code by mistake. The widget is not ready yet.
- fix: the documentation url for demos was wrong in wp-admin
- fix: error that was showing up in logs when the theme panel was saved
- fix: we updated the ads links to point to the right documentation
The list of modified files | Read more about this update – on our blog
Version 2.3 – November 10th, 2015
- new: each demo now uses a separate css generator for that modifies the appearance of the theme. The theme now generates just the required css to for each demo.
- new: You can now show in all the blocks and widgets site wide popular articles in the last days provided by the Jetpack plugin
- new: Travel demo
- new: the theme now has it’s own logging system. We can now debug hosting issues easier.
- new: a new self diagnosting and self configurating module that allows our theme to pull data from other sites more reliably.
- fix: paragraphs in comments on posts and in wooCommerce now have appropriate spacing
- fix: on post pages if the author box was hidden, the theme was sometimes producing invalid author links
- fix: possible function name collision of our gallery filter. Thanks to @denimology form our forum for this suggestion.
- fix: tabs widget from VC, the shortcode was changed in the latest VC version and it lose the theme style
- fix: non adsense ads can be disabled responsive using the panel options
- fix: g+ new icon
- fix: theme animations where incompatible with some plugins and the visual composer gallery. The animations still worked but all of them looked a bit strange.
- misc: the backend editor style that is used in TinyMCE no longer compiles on demand. We ship a ready compiled css and this makes the editor load faster
- misc: added link to user page on login widget from top menu
- misc: social counter button is clickable on the entire area
- misc: the theme’s data source class can now be overwritten from the child theme
- misc: all the widgets from the theme are now optimized to work better. The widget_builder class is now deprecated and all the functionality was moved to td_block_widget
- misc: the video playlist now downloads the videos metadata on render, not on save post. This allows us to use the playlist on the on click demos.
- misc: the following modules of the theme are loaded on demand now: td_log, td_remote_http, td_remote_video, td_data_source, td_video_support, td_more_article_box, td_page_views, td_review, td_ajax. This means that the theme loads them only when needed. We mesured a 10% faster load time after this tweak.